Today is the first day of spring. I looked out my window and it seemed as if my trees had grown leaves overnight. The earth is coming back to life. As I look around it is as if all of nature is praising God.
The Psalms are full of references to nature praising God.
Psalms 98:8, “Let the rivers clap their hands; together let the hills sing for joy.”
It’s not just the rivers and hills:
- The floods lifted up their voice, (93:3)
- The earth rejoices, (97:1)
- Isles and coastlands be glad, (97:1)
- Fire goes before Him, (97:3)
- Lightning’s illumine the world, (97:4)
- Earth sees and trembles, (97:4)
- Hills melt like wax, (97:5)
- Heavens declare His righteousness, (97:6)
- The sea roars, (98:7)
- Lands make a joyful noise, (100:1)
What verse impressed you?