Our time on earth is the only “Hell” the believer will ever experience. We go through times of hardship and think things just have to get better…but they may not! Jeremiah was in such circumstances.
Jeremiah 37:13-15, “…a sentry…seized Jeremiah the prophet saying, ‘You are deserting to the Chaldeans’…then said Jeremiah, ‘I am not’…the sentry would not listen…and brought him to the princes…the princes were enraged…and beat him and put him in prison in the house of Jonathan the scribe….”
It went from bad to worse!
- Falsely accused, 37:13.
- Not believed when telling his side, 37:14.
- Brought to the princes who became enraged, 37:15.
- Beaten, 37:15.
- Put in prison, 37:15.
- Left in the cells in the dungeon for many days, 37:16.
- Moved to the court of the guard, 37:21.
- Threatened with death, 38:4.
- Cast into a cistern full of mud, 38:6.
- Left to starve, 38:9.
- Rescued and moved back to the court of the guard, 38:13.
No matter how bad things are going now, God will still take care of you. In the case of Jeremiah, he used an Ethiopian, Jeremiah 38:7-13.