Some projects are as overwhelming as rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem. But we were given keys to overcoming an overwhelming project in Ezra chapter 3.
How to Rebuild a Wall
- Do not exempt yourself from the work because you are a minister, 3:1.
- Build one section at a time, 3:2.
- Complete that section with doors, bolts and locks, 3:3.
- Do the hard work, 3:5.
- Do not exempt yourself from the work because it is not your area of expertise, i.e. goldsmith, perfumer, 3:8.
- Do not exempt yourself because you are a ruler, 3:9.
- Build close to your home, 3:10.
- If your section contained a tower, build it too, 3:11.
- Do not exempt your daughters from the work, 3:12.
- If your section contained a gate, build it, 3:13.
- Don’t turn away from the work because it is in the worst part of town, i.e. the Garbage Gate, 3:14.
- If your section contains the back wall of a house, build that wall too. Don’t leave it for the homeowner to do, 3:20, 21.
- If the work is not done when you finish your section, build a second section, 3:27.