Ezekiel 38:10, “Thus says the Lord God: On that day, thoughts will come into your mind…” ESV
Today, while I was reading my Bible out loud, thoughts came into my mind:
- I wonder if Derek could put the old bass drum case inside the new hard case since some of the foam has come off?
- Am I sneezing more than normal?
- Should I call the doctor about my weekend plans, or just wait and see if I have a problem?
- What should I wear this weekend?
- I wonder if the washer can be fixed?
- Could the high school use that flute case I found?
- How can I dispose of that old TV?
My thoughts were random and kept taking my mind off of what I was reading. I stopped, asked God to help me ignore those distractions and reread both chapters. I have to take my thoughts captive.
2 Corinthians 10:5, “We destroy every proud obstacle and every lofty opinion, raised against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.” ESV