The caucus is tomorrow and the phone calls kept interrupting the birthday dinner we had on Friday night. The males in our family took different approaches when answering the phone:
Male #1 – was serious and respectful – but he answered a call from his chosen candidate.
Male #2 – was harried – he answered with the name of his workplace.
Male #3 – was hilarious – he answered several calls….
- “No, I’m not going to vote for him; he’s a liar.”
- “City Morgue.”
- “This is Buddy, the elf. What’s your favorite color?”
In our discussion of candidates, one thing bothered me – exceptions. A candidate is firm on his stand, except…
Saul obeyed the Lord, except:
- When he was in a tight spot, 1 Samuel 13:6.
- When he had to wait, 1 Samuel 13:8.
- When he felt his soldiers slipping away, 1 Samuel 13:8.
- When there was panic, 1 Samuel 14:15.
- When there was a natural disaster (earthquake), 1 Samuel 14:15.
- When the people were terrified, 1 Samuel 14:15.
- When there was confusion, 1 Samuel 14:19.
1 Samuel 14:19, “But while Saul was talking to the priests, the confusion in the Philistine camp grew louder and louder. So Saul said to the priest, ‘Never mind; let’s get going!'” NLT
Saul got to the point that he didn’t go to the Lord at all.
Help us to continue to stand for you…without exceptions.
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved