I fear Pastor Monte.
Fear, in the Biblical sense, meaning, “respect his authority.” (You get into trouble with God when you stop “fearing” your Pastor.)
But, that doesn’t mean I am afraid to pray for him, along with the other Pastors and all of their respective wives.
I use the verses that were given to us by Associate Pastor Gary:
- Psalms 91:1-16, that God will rescue, cover, shelter, and protect them.
- Psalms 112:1-10, that their children will be successful; they will be a blessing to this generation; they will not be overcome by evil; they will be confident and fearless; and have influence and honor.
- Isaiah 54:17, that no weapon formed against them will succeed.
- Philippians 1:9-11, that their love will overflow; they will grow in knowledge and understanding; and be filled with the Fruits of the Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 12:7, that they will grow in spiritual gifts.
- Ephesians 1:16-19, that they will be flooded with understanding and confident in hope.
- Ephesians 3:14-19, that God will empower them with inner strength; their roots will grow deep; they will be strong; understand the fullness of God’s love; and be made complete.
- Ephesians 6:19, that God will give them the right words.
- Colossians 1:9-11, that they will have complete knowledge; spiritual wisdom and understanding; produce fruit; grow; be strengthened; have endurance, patience, and joy.
- Colossians 4:3, that they will have many opportunities to speak about Christ.
Today I found another verse to add to the list.
2 Thessalonians 3:1, “Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes; just as when it came to you.” New Living Translation
I do want to see the Lord’s message spread rapidly.
Dear Father God,
Thank you for the men and women that you have placed in authority over us. Thank you for the reminder to continually pray for them.
In Jesus Name,
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.