Today we celebrated the life of Marge. I worried that I would not have the right words to bring comfort. I found them in today’s chapters.
Isaiah 60:20, “…Your days of mourning will come to an end.” New Living Translation
Isaiah 61:2, “He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come…” New Living Translation
Isaiah 61:3, “To all who mourn in Israel, he will give you a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.” New Living Translation
- Mourning will end. We know this is only a season.
- The Lord sends his favor to those who mourn. It was muggy and overcast for the outdoor service. The sun was not beating down on us, even though it was in the 80’s, and the rain did not come until well after the dinner.
- He promises a crown of beauty for ashes to those who mourn. There was much more laughter than tears. And even after the tears, smiles broke through like sunshine.
- He will send a joyous blessing instead of mourning. Four days after Marge died, her only son became a grandfather for the first time. Savannah Grace is an 8 lb. 7 oz. blessing with black hair and dark blue eyes.
- Festive praise instead of despair. Her great-grandchildren sang, “Jesus Loves Me.”
- They will be steadfast and strong like an oak tree. Many who spoke mentioned her strong faith that they shared.
Dear Father God,
I pray an extra dose of comfort for Marge’s family today. Thank You for being with them during this time of grief. Help them to stay steadfast and strong.
In Jesus Name,
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish