Yesterday I made a list of the miracles God did financially for us since I stepped down from my job;
- 2008 Received my last paycheck at the first of the year, bought a large capacity, front-load washer, a computer, printer, digital camera, “Microsoft Word,” and “QuickbooksPro.”
- 2009 Paid off medical bills, credit cards, van loan, and truck loan. Paid our share of our sons wedding with cash.
- 2010 Replaced wall tile in the bathroom, bought a Dyson vacuum sweeper, enough allergy screens to have two in each window, and a tree in memory of my mother-in-law.
- 2011 Graduation party for youngest son, paid off mortgage!
- 2012 Took youngest son, and my mom, to Virginia to visit my brother and to swim in the ocean. Bought a Hoover steam cleaner and had the truck painted.
- 2013 Replaced computer after damage from a lightning storm, 3 interior doors, and bought a 2006 Town & Country van with cash.
- 2014 Landscaping all around the house, “Chromebook,” flat screen TV, “Blu Ray” DVD player, and replaced the dehumidifier.
- 2015 Husband laid off on January 2nd when the business closed. We only used $100.00 of our emergency fund during the three months of unemployment. Canceled ads and affiliate marketing on my blogs.
- 2016 Covered a 65% increase in health insurance premiums, new furnace, new central air, new washer, and set up payments to cover hospital bill from emergency surgery…and it’s only July!
Isn’t God Awesome!
I am good at replacing broken things, but the Lord showed me I need to work on restoration and home improvement.
2 Kings 22:4, 5, “Go to Hilkiah the high priest and have him count the money the gatekeepers have collected from the people at the Lord’s temple. Entrust this money to the men assigned to supervise the Temple’s restoration. Then they can use it to pay workers to repair the Temple of the Lord.” New Living Translation
A good example is our garage door, as I shared in an earlier post. It still works, but has damage. Since, I have been unable to find panels to replace the broken ones, I need to replace it.
Where do I start?
By counting the money we have set aside for maintenance and improvement. We are to keep in good repair, or restore, the home God has given us.
Dear Father God,
Thank You for meeting our needs. Thank You for all the wonderful things you have provided for our home over the last 8 years. Give us wisdom as we plan for repairs and improvements. Show us what to do first.
In Jesus Name,
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish