In early autumn, with a clear sky and temperatures around 70°, when everyone was home from vacation and the children were back in school, the people of God assembled on the town square with a unified purpose…
…to worship God!
Ezra 3:1 could be used to describe the “Surrender Concert 2016.” The musicians were from local churches.
I had a connection with members of each group:
- I play the piano for him on Wednesday nights. That drummer is my son’s best friend.
- I was his nanny when he was 2 years old!
- I play with this band every week.
- That guitar player was in plays and concerts with my youngest son.
- My niece calls that guitar player her “brother” and his wife was my next door neighbor when she was a little girl. Now they have a little girl!
- When that leader was 8 years old, I invited her to sit on the piano bench next to me to turn my pages. I worked with her Mom for years.
We were like the children of Israel gathering together at Jerusalem. I ended the night with my arm around Sue praising God. Sue and I were in a band together years ago. We played at all the best prisons and nursing homes!
We all had a taste of heaven:
- Perfect weather
- Beautiful music
- Praise and worship
- One Church, worshipping God
Ezra 3:1, “In early autumn, when the Israelites had settled in their towns, all the people assembled in Jerusalem with a unified purpose.” New Living Translation
Dear Father God,
Thank You for the wonderful time together with Your people on Saturday. We could feel Your presence all around us. Thank You for the souls that chose to follow You that day. Thank You for healing the hurting. Help us to keep that spirit of camaraderie for the rest of the year.
In Jesus Name,
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish