The 10 spies spread a bad report to the Israelites about the people in the land of Canaan:
- They are powerful, 13:28.
- We saw giants, 13:28.
- They are stronger, 13:31.
- We can’t go against them, 13:31.
- They will devour anyone who goes there, 13:32
- The people are huge, 13:32.
Social media was full of bad reports after the election. The response was the same as the response of Israelites when the spies returned.
- The whole community cried all night, 14:1.
- Their voices rose in protest, 14:2.
- They said, “Bad things will happen to our wives and our children,” 14:3.
- “Wouldn’t it be better to move?” 14:3.
- They plotted and said, “Let’s choose a new leader,” 14:4.
As Christians, we know God is in control. When we give in to fear, we are saying we don’t trust God to take care of us.
Numbers 14:9, “Do not rebel against the Lord, and don’t be afraid of the people of the land. They are only helpless prey to us! They have no protection, but the Lord is with us. Don’t be afraid of them.” New Living Translation
Numbers 14:18, “The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. . . .” New Living Translation
Dear Father God,
Thank You for being with us. We know our protection comes from you. We have nothing to fear. I am grateful you are slow to anger and full of love. Thank You for forgiveness.
In Jesus Name,
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish