“Mercy-compassion or forgiveness show toward someone whom it is within one’s power to punish or harm.” google.com
2 Chronicles 6:42, “O Lord God, do not turn Your face from Your anointed. Remember the mercies of Your servant David.” Modern English Version
I looked up the word “mercies” in other versions of the Bible:
- Great love, New International Version
- Unfailing love, New Living Translation
- Steadfast love, English Standard Version
- Lovingkindness, New American Standard Bible
- Gracious love, International Standard Bible
The love and compassion given to King David are available to all. Every morning, His compassion and forgiveness are new. All I need do is ask.
Lamentations 3:23, “Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.” New Living Translation
©2009-2017 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish