I am trying to think of a new title for this blog. I want it to say, “Read the Bible with me and I will show you the lessons God shows me daily. I will report when God shows me an answer in the verses we read today to a problem I am wrestling. I will show you how God instructs me and guides me in my daily decisions. I want you to form the habit of reading the Bible every day. I want you to learn lessons, find answers, instructions, and guidance for yourself.”
I’m just an ordinary lady. I do not have a Doctorate of Theology. It may seem foolish for me to share at all!
1 Corinthians 3:18, 19, “Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. . . .” Modern English Version
* * * * * * *
1 Corinthians 3:18, 19, “Don’t fool yourself. Don’t think you can be wise merely by being up-to-date on the times. Be God’s fool – that is the path to true wisdom. What the world calls smart, God calls stupid. . . .” The Message
As I was reading through these chapters in “The Message” for clarity, I found many phrases Paul wrote that I could relate to because I feel the same way.
- I didn’t try to impress you with polished speeches and the latest philosophy. I deliberately kept it plain and simple.
- I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate – I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it – and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else.
- We didn’t learn this by reading books or going to school; we learned it from God, who taught us person-to-person.
This blog is a diary or journal of my life. I’ve shared verses while going through:
- Grief – the death of both of our fathers.
- Happiness – the wedding of our son, graduations, engagements.
- Joy – the birth of our granddaughter.
- Pain – following emergency surgery.
There’s a verse for whatever you are dealing with today. Find your verse; write it down. See how following God’s Word will improve your story.
©2009-2017 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish