Those affected by Hurricane Harvey are as desperate as the Hebrews were after Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians. They don’t know what to do. Will their lives ever go back to normal?
Jeremiah 42:3, “Pray that the Lord your God may show us the way in which we should walk and the thing that we should do.” Modern English Version
Throughout our readings today, God told the Hebrews to trust, obey, and not to fear.
Jeremiah 42:11, 12, “Do not be afraid…of whom you are now afraid….For I am with you to save you and to deliver you from his hand. I will show mercies to you so that he may have mercy on you and cause you to return to your own land.” Modern English Version
We all are hearing the bad news today. But God is moving and He has a plan. He takes us through the flood because our enemies can’t swim.
- Muslims are coming to Christ faster than ever before. “A Wind in the House of Islam,” David Garrison.
- The gospel is transforming China. “The Telegraph” reported that Christianity is growing so fast in China that it will most likely be considered a Christian nation by 2030.
- We are in a church-planting boom. Church expert Ed Stetzer says new churches are actually being planted…more quickly than old ones are dying – and research shows that 60 to 80 percent of people who join new churches are from unchurched backgrounds.
- Latin America is experiencing a political and spiritual awakening. Political change in Venzuela…leftist governments are losing power. Similar movements…are occurring in Argentina, Brazil, and other Latin American countries…evangelical churches are growing at unprecedented rates.
- The Bible is still the most popular book ever. It’s also the best-selling and most widely distributed book. Nearly four billion copies…sold globally in the last five decades – far exceeding any other book.
- The popularity of faith-based films has caught Hollywood by surprise…
- Popular Bible teachers get as much traction on social media as secular celebrities.
- The amount of Christian content on YouTube is staggering.
“Don’t Let Bad News Steal Your Joy,” by J. Lee Grady, Charisma Magazine, February 2016
©2009-2017 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish