Child: “When I grow up, I want to be rich and famous.”
Child: “Because then I will be happy.”
Unfortunately, the “rich and famous” are not happy! Here is the secret to happiness:
Psalms 128:1, “Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. For you shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you will be happy, and it shall be well with you.” Modern English Version
Where can you learn the Lord’s ways? In church.
“Why I Believe in Church”
- It’s the only organization that still deals with issues like salvation, death, judgment, grace, purpose, heaven, and hell.
- It adds value and dignity to human life.
- It provides a moral and spiritual compass.
- It’s where you find compassion, healing, and community.
- Unlike other institutions, it has motivated the most lasting, unselfish, essential, courageous endeavors on earth…missions, schools, hospitals, food pantries, rehab centers, and orphanages.
Jay Kesler, August 2005
©2009-2017 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish