When I read today’s verse, I thought of our responsibility to our children. I know we were very busy, especially during their teen years. But this verse is talking about more than our children. It is also talking about turning our hearts to our parents, grandchildren, and someday, great-grandchildren. Our families are a life-long priority.
Malachi 4:6, “He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.” Modern English Version
* * * * * * *
Malachi gives us practical guidelines about commitment to God.
- God deserves the best we have to offer (1:7-10).
- We must be willing to change our wrong ways of living (2:1, 2).
- We should make our family a lifelong priority (2:13-16).
- We should be sensitive to God’s refining process in our life (3:3).
- There is no room for pride (3:13-15).
Life Application Study Bible Notes
©2009-2017 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.
Twitter – @frugalfishorg
Facebook – Frugal Fish