The wise man built his house upon the Rock,…And the rains came tumbling down….The rains came down and the floods came up,…But the house on the Rock stood firm….”
I remember singing this song in Sunday School. At first, I thought it meant, “Don’t build your house on the beach!”
Today, I read the verses in my new Bible – The Message Version. It opened up my eyes.
Luke 7:48, 49, “If you work the words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who dug deep and laid the foundation of his house on bedrock. When the river burst its banks and crashed against the house, nothing could shake it; it was built to last. But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don’t work them into your life, you are like a dumb carpenter who built a house but skipped the foundation. When the swollen river came crashing in, it collapsed like a house of cards. It was total loss.” The Message
- The foolish man built his house without a foundation!
- I can’t just repeat the words of Christ in Bible studies, my life must reflect them.
- I have to dig deep and cannot skip a step.
- The floods will come – not every year but I need to build my life to withstand them.
- Most importantly, I have to build my house on the Rock – Jesus Christ!
©2009-2018 frugalfish.org. All rights reserved.