Joshua 13:13, “As soon as the priest…set foot in the Jordan, its waters,…will be cut off.”
* * * * * * *
“We must learn to take God at His word and walk straight ahead in obedience, even when we see no way of going forward…..If we would only move straight ahead in faith, the path would be opened for us. But we stand still, waiting for the obstacle to be removed, when we ought to go forward as if there were no obstacles at all.” from Evening Thoughts, “Streams in the Desert” February 11
Pastor Monte’s sermon yesterday was, “A New Time, A New Place.” He reminded us that God can make water come out of a rock. He can make streams in the desert. Pastor encouraged us to lean toward God and keep going the direction He has pointed.
Where do we start? At home.
Psalms 101:2, “I’m finding my way down the road of right living, but how long before you show up? I’m doing the very best I can, and I’m doing it at home, where it counts.” The Message
©2009-2018 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.
It was 5 am and I was concerned!
We read about the first attempt to bring the Chest of God to Jerusalem. I mean, God struck Uzzah dead! God is serious about his holy worship!
In 3 hours, I would leave for church. I would sit at the keyboard to play. We would set an atmosphere where people could feel God. I did not want to end up like Uzzah!
I went back to bed and dreamed I was late to church! I missed the first song! David woke me an hour later. By the time we left, I was prepared!
Why didn’t the first attempt to move the Chest of God work?
- God wants worshipers, not soldiers, 2 Samuel 6:1.
- We can’t make anything to move God, 2 Samuel 6:2.
- Singing at the top of our lungs do not impress God, 2 Samuel 6:5.
- Doing the right thing incorrectly is wrong, 1 Chronicles 13:4.
- Exuberant music is not always worship, 1 Chronicles 13:8.
What did I learn from the second time they moved the Chest of God?
- Celebrate extravagantly, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Offer a sacrifice of praise, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Shout for joy and blow the trumpets, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Follow God’s order, 1 Chronicles 15:2.
- Consecrate yourself, 1 Chronicles 15:12.
- Make proper preparations, 1 Chronicles 15:13.
- Follow instructions, 1 Chronicles 15:15.
- Handle holy things carefully, 1 Chronicles 15:15.
- Fill the air with joyful sound, 1 Chronicles 15:16.
- Guard the holy things, 1 Chronicles 15:17-19.
- Be ready, 1 Chronicles 15:25.
- Shout and cheer, 1 Chronicles 15:28.
Joe Short puts it best. “The worship team is like a pizza delivery guy. It’s not about the guy. It’s all about the pizza.”
May we never forget it’s a holy pizza!
1 Chronicles 15:28, “On they came, all Israel in parade bringing up the Chest of the Covenant of God, shouting and cheering, playing every kind of brass and percussion and string instrument.” The Message
©2009-2018 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved.