It was 5 am and I was concerned!
We read about the first attempt to bring the Chest of God to Jerusalem. I mean, God struck Uzzah dead! God is serious about his holy worship!
In 3 hours, I would leave for church. I would sit at the keyboard to play. We would set an atmosphere where people could feel God. I did not want to end up like Uzzah!
I went back to bed and dreamed I was late to church! I missed the first song! David woke me an hour later. By the time we left, I was prepared!
Why didn’t the first attempt to move the Chest of God work?
- God wants worshipers, not soldiers, 2 Samuel 6:1.
- We can’t make anything to move God, 2 Samuel 6:2.
- Singing at the top of our lungs do not impress God, 2 Samuel 6:5.
- Doing the right thing incorrectly is wrong, 1 Chronicles 13:4.
- Exuberant music is not always worship, 1 Chronicles 13:8.
What did I learn from the second time they moved the Chest of God?
- Celebrate extravagantly, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Offer a sacrifice of praise, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Shout for joy and blow the trumpets, 2 Samuel 6:15.
- Follow God’s order, 1 Chronicles 15:2.
- Consecrate yourself, 1 Chronicles 15:12.
- Make proper preparations, 1 Chronicles 15:13.
- Follow instructions, 1 Chronicles 15:15.
- Handle holy things carefully, 1 Chronicles 15:15.
- Fill the air with joyful sound, 1 Chronicles 15:16.
- Guard the holy things, 1 Chronicles 15:17-19.
- Be ready, 1 Chronicles 15:25.
- Shout and cheer, 1 Chronicles 15:28.
Joe Short puts it best. “The worship team is like a pizza delivery guy. It’s not about the guy. It’s all about the pizza.”
May we never forget it’s a holy pizza!
1 Chronicles 15:28, “On they came, all Israel in parade bringing up the Chest of the Covenant of God, shouting and cheering, playing every kind of brass and percussion and string instrument.” The Message
©2009-2018 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved.
One thought on “Bringing the Ark to Jerusalem”
cool word picture pizza delivery!!!!!