Before I opened my Bible, I listened to a song on Worship Central Radio. I closed my eyes and pictured Jesus. He was standing on a hill offering me a hug.
I wrapped my arms around Him and He pulled me close. After a minute, I leaned back and asked Him what my job was. (I heard we all have a job in heaven.)
He shook His head and said, “Let me hold you a little longer.” I did. When the song ended, I opened my eyes and read today’s chapters.
Psalms 9:1, “I’m thanking You, God, from a full heart, I’m writing the book on Your wonders. I’m whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I’m singing Your song, High God.” The Message
Today is even gloomier than yesterday! We had ice storm warnings in the night and flash flood warnings all day.
The tangled mess is still tangled. It’s rushing down a river headed to Niagara Falls and I can’t stop it.
My friends will be here in a few hours. Only half of the bedding is clean. I haven’t cleaned the house. There are two loads of laundry to fold. I didn’t thaw anything out for dinner.
Yet, I have peace.
The circumstances didn’t change. I changed. I’ve been with Jesus. He has everything under control.
- It is possible for believers…to trust…the Lord for their safekeeping and victory….
- It is possible to daily “cast all your anxiety on him,” (1 Peter 5:7) and experience deep peace in the process.
- It is possible to have our thoughts and the desires or our hearts purified in the deepest sense of the word.
- It is possible to see God’s will in every circumstance and to accept it with singing instead of complaining.
- It is possible to become strong…by taking refuge in the power of God and by realizing that our greatest weakness and the things that upset our determination to be patient, pure, or humble provide an opportunity to make sin powerless over us.”
from “Walking with God” by H.C.G. Moule
“Streams in the Desert” February 20
©2009-2018 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.