April 25, 2019: 2 Chronicles 28; Isaiah 7, 8.
I just finished the book, “Girl, Wash Your Face” by Rachel Hollis. I made a list of the lies I’ve believed.
- I’ll start tomorrow.
- I’m not good enough.
- I’m better than you.
- No is the final answer.
- I should be further along by now.
- I’m a terrible writer.
- I will never get past this.
- I can’t tell the truth.
- I’m defined by my weight.
These lies are the opposite of what the Bible says. God also says, “Ask anything.” I started praying for followers. God sent 16 on Instagram last week. Woo-Hoo!
Isaiah 7:11, “Ask for a sign from your God. Ask anything. Be extravagant. Ask for the moon!” The Message
There are several ways to make money blogging. When I’ve brought the opportunities to God, He said no. Even the small things I tried, like AdWords, came up empty.
In spite of that, since I started blogging we have:
- Paid off our credit cards.
- Paid off the medical bills.
- Paid off the van.
- Paid off the truck.
- Paid off the house.
- Paid our share of the boy’s weddings.
- Paid for our new van with cash.
- Paid for gall bladder surgery.
- Paid for a new computer – twice.
- Paid for a new furnace and air conditioner installation.
- Paid for 2 washers. (Front load washers do not last!)
- Paid bills during 3 months of unemployment.
- Paid a 65% increase in health insurance.
I’m blogging without ads or affiliate marketing. Why? God told me not to and He meets our needs. He does a good job, don’t you think?
Isaiah 8:11, “God spoke strongly to me, grabbed me with both hands and warned me not to go along with this people. …” The Message
©2009-2019 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.