May 14, 2019: 2 Chronicles 33; 2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34.
Our nephew, Cameron, is graduating from High School. I clipped his announcement to the refrigerator.
I have a frame with school pictures of him, his brothers, and sister. I took it down to replace his picture with his senior picture. The mat was faded. I guess I will need to move these pictures, too.
Each of my children has a wall in the hall covered with senior pictures, wedding pictures, and graduation photos. I noticed 2 photos were in the sun. I decided to switch Laura’s wall with Derek’s. I need to make room for a wedding photo.
I measured the available space that the sun does not reach. Then I measured Laura’s senior picture. There’s room for it and another 8″ X 10″. I printed off a recent photo to frame.
I looked at my granddaughter’s first-grade picture. She’s growing up too fast. I wonder what the world will be like when she’s a senior?
Today’s verses showed me what I need to do.
2 Kings 22:18-20, “And also tell the king of Judah, since he sent you to ask God for direction; tell him this, God’s comment on what he read in the book: ‘Because you took seriously the doom of judgment I spoke against this place and people,
(19) and because you responded in humble repentance, tearing your robe in dismay and weeping before me, I’m taking you seriously.’ God’s word: ‘I’ll take care of you.’
(20) You’ll have a quiet death and be buried in peace. You won’t be around to see the doom that I’m going to bring upon this place. …” The Message
I need to:
- Ask God for direction.
- Read God’s book – the Bible.
- Take God’s judgment seriously.
- Humble myself.
- Repent for my sins and the sins of our nation.
- Grieve over sin.
- Cry before God.
Proverbs 14:26, “The Fear-of-God builds up confidence, and makes a world safe for your children.” The Message
©2009-2019 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.