June 3, 2019: Jeremiah 51.
Hi! My name is Pamela and I’m a workaholic.
I woke up at 4:45 p.m. and started studying – even though I had less than 7 hours of sleep.
After studying for an hour, I:
- Had devotions.
- Made the bed.
- Researched a free photoshop program.
- Wrote a friend.
- Wrote a Graduation Card and a Sympathy Card.
- Balanced the checkbook.
- Washed 2 loads of laundry.
- Cleaned the kitchen and both bathrooms.
- Labeled and froze a container of milk.
- Decluttered one desk.
- Painted the trim on my cheerleading letter. (Instagram photo later.)
- Updated my food inventory.
After lunch I:
- Put away the Mother’s Day dishes, ribbons, flowers, pearls, and candles.
- Wrapped lace from the wreath back on the spool.
- Sewed the collar down on a flyaway cardigan.
- Dug out one of Derek’s Tees to embroider for his quilt.
- Published a post.
- Practiced for Wednesday’s service.
- Worked on the “2020 Relevant Bible Reading Guide.”
- Measured the wall area at the end of the hall for a new photo gallery.
- Cut out graph paper rectangles the size of the pictures I would use.
- Arranged them on paper until I was satisfied.
After supper I:
- Went to Mom’s and David cleaned out her gutters.
- Pinned the 3 layers of Laura’s quilt together on the living room floor.
- Embroidered a letter on Derek’s Tee for his quilt.
- Looked in Mom’s basement to see where the water is coming in.
- Came home and went to bed.
Please tell me I am not alone. Are there any other workaholics out there?
Jeremiah 51:58, “…The harder you work at this empty life, the less you are…” The Message
Many self-help books recommend sleeping for 6 or 7 hours. I can’t do that all of the time. I get grouchy!
My verse showed me that I need to sleep in tomorrow! A sleep-debt is a real thing. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
©2009-2019 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.
One thought on “The Harder You Work”
I am married to a workaholic, who only needs around 6 hurs of sleep. I need 8 – 10. ten is my best functioning about. God Bless the workaholic!