Rahab Had a Miracle
The wall of the city fell flat except for one section. Rahab’s house was on that section. She was living on the wall, Joshua 2:15.
It was stable enough for the two spies to go into the house. They identified Rahab and brought her, her family, and all that she had out.
Joshua 6:17, “…only Rahab the harlot and all who are with her in the house shall live, because she hid the messengers whom we sent.” NASB
I saw the rubble from the wall of Jericho. At God’s command, the mud-brick wall came apart – except Rahab’s house.
“Scripture tells us she remained with Israel, marrying Salmon and giving birth to Boaz, a wealthy and godly leader of the Jewish people, who would someday marry Ruth the Moabitess. As a pagan woman who embraced the God of Israel and risked her own safety to support His people, Rahab was blessed with life, prosperity, and the honor of a place in the lineage of King David and Yeshua (Jesus). If the stones of Jericho could speak, they would echo Rahab’s declaration, “The Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath” (Joshua 2:11), reminding us that the faithful One who gave Rahab life will continue to care for His people as He has promised. Deliverance and life abundant await those who will follow Him and be a blessing to His people as well.”Rev. Cheryl Hauer, International Development Director, Bridges for Peace
Joshua 8:29, “…at sunset Joshua gave command…” NASB
After sunset, Joshua:
- Buried the king of Ai under a heap of stones, v. 29.
- Built an altar, v. 30.
- Offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, v. 31.
- Wrote a copy of the law on the stones, v. 32.
- Gathered all Israel, with women and little ones, v. 33, 35.
- Read all the words of the law, v. 34-35.
After sunset, I usually eat, sit down on the couch, and fall asleep. I feel convicted!
I Also Learned:
- If you diligently obey the Lord, He will set you high, Deuteronomy 28:1.
- Keep the covenant that you may prosper, Deuteronomy 29:9.
- God’s covenant was also for those who are not with them, Deuteronomy 29:14-15. (The promises are for those not yet born.)
- The secret things belong to the Lord, things revealed belong to us, that we may observe the words of this law, Deuteronomy 29:29.
- He offers life and prosperity or death and adversity, Deuteronomy 30:15. (Death brings adversity. Life is linked to prosperity.)
- The Lord threw large stones from heaven, and more died from the hailstones than those the sons of Israel killed, Joshua 10:11. (The battle belongs to the Lord, 2 Chronicles 20:15.)
- It was the Lord who hardened their hearts so that He might destroy them, Joshua 11:20.
Join me in reading December’s chapters. I would love to hear what you learned in the comments section below!
©2009-2022 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.