So you are walking with Jesus. It is all-new, fresh, and exciting! But, what next?
Start Each Day With God
Give the day to Him. Ask Him to guide you.
- You can pray “The Lord’s Prayer,” see Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4.
- You can pray the “Days of the Week” Prayer.
- Sunday – For the church service and your pastors.
- Monday – For your family.
- Tuesday – For your church family and friends.
- Wednesday – For your country, state, county, and city.
- Thursday – for area schools and colleges.
- Friday – For your personal needs.
- Saturday – For the missionaries and their families.
- Just talk to God. Thank Him for what He’s done and share your concerns with Him.
Learn About God
- Of course, I will recommend the “Relevant” Bible Reading Guide!
- But, if you are just starting out, read one chapter of John each day. After you finish John, read one chapter of Romans a day.
- For those coming back to God – read one chapter of Proverbs for wisdom.
- To learn how to worship God – read five chapters of Psalms each day.
- Be honest with yourself. If you know you won’t read a chapter a day, start small. The “Habit-Forming Guide” will get you started.
- The “Babysteps” Bible Reading Guide starts with the shortest chapters and goes to the longest.
No matter which plan you use – God will speak to you. The Bible is alive!
Hebrews 4:12-13, “God means what He says. What He says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. (13) Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it – no matter what.” The Message
Listen to God
He doesn’t speak in a booming voice. His words do not come with thunder and lightning. God whispers. He is the voice of your conscience. He nudges. He makes directions clear. He opens doors and shuts doors. And He speaks in dreams.
Matthew 1:20, “While he was trying to figure a way out, he had a dream. God’s angel spoke in the dream: ‘Joseph, son of David, don’t hesitate to get married. Mary’s pregnancy is Spirit-conceived.’ ” The Message
* * * * * * *
Matthew 2:12, “In a dream, they were warned not to report back to Herod. So they worked out another route, left the territory without being seen, and returned to their own country.” The Message
* * * * * * *
Matthew 2:13, “After the scholars were gone, God’s angel showed up again in Joseph’s dream and commanded, ‘Get up. Take the child and his mother and flee to Egypt. Stay until further notice. Herod is on the hunt for this child, and wants to kill him.’ ” The Message
* * * * * * *
Matthew 2:19-20, “Later, when Herod died, God’s angel appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt. (20) ‘Up, take the child and his mother and return to Israel. All those out to murder the child are dead.’ ” The Message
Talk with Bible Teachers
Show up for Sunday School. Attend Bible studies. Listen and ask questions. Remember everything they teach has to agree with the Bible. That’s why we have to know the Bible.
Hebrews 10:25, “Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.” The Message
Christianity is not a solitary pursuit. Get with a group – we need each other.
Do you have a group to study with? Has God spoken to you in a dream?
©2009-2023 thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com. All Rights Reserved.